Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Thanks be to God

My Sweetie said Grace at dinner last night! It doesn't sound like a big deal, but to me it is!! First of all, he has told me in the past that he does NOT pray! Second, when we have dinner we do say Grace but the kids usually do it. Last night he said he wanted to.

It was PERFECT!! It was from-the-hear; in-his-own-words. I've been so giddy that you would think he sent flowers to me or something. But no, he just said Grace at dinner!

He got a phone call last night from a guy he met this past weekend. The guy was just calling to check on him and see how things have been since he got home. He was all secretive about it because he didn't want to give anything away about my retreat this weekend.

I leave tomorrow night. He is really excited about me going. I'm excited to see and go through what he did last weekend. Coming home Sunday will almost be better than when he came home because we will have BOTH gone through this experience and will finally be able to share stories.

1 comment:

Sharon L. Holland said...

I know how you feel. For years my husband would not pray with me. The first time he did, I was thrilled. But I had to look cool and not make a big deal about it, or he just would have refused all over gain.