Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Mama Bird Having Trouble Letting the Babies FLY

My oldest DS is in 3rd grade and 9 years old. He's really a GREAT kid!! I know that I'm tough on him...maybe sometimes too tough. Maybe I try to shield him too much also. We are thinking of letting him go to church camp this summer. When I looked at what was offered, I originally thought he should start off with a 2-3 night camp. He wants to go away for longer. Is he ready? Will he behave? What if he gets hurt or sick? My husband thinks he'll be ok to go away for that long. UGH!!! I know that HE will be ok, the real issue is with me. It's just one of those letting go moments I suppose. My big guy is growing up.

My youngest DS and I went to a preschool visit today. He will be entering the 3-year old program next year. Two days a week for two hours....so I thought! They had a board meeting yesterday and are thinking about making the 3-year old program 2.5 hours long for 3 days! UGH!! I was wondering what I would do twice a week for two hours now I'll have 3 days a week for 2.5 hours possibly without him? It's just one of those letting go moments I suppose. My little guy is growing up.

These boys are my life....and it just blows my mind how quickly this season of life seems to be flashing before my eyes! Didn't I just welcome them into this world? Weren't these boys just babies that I nursed in the wee hours of the morning? Wasn't it just yesterday that I nuzzled their sweet smelling heads after their bath?

There are different seasons of life that we all go through.....there are some that we want to last longer than others but we simply have no control. All we can do is cherish each and every moment that is precious and allow them to spread their wings and FLY.

As for me, I will remain in the nest for them to return. I will blanket them with hugs and kisses, encouragement and praise, food and rest; everything they need to enable to FLY again the next day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little Georgia is only 18 months old and I feel like it's passing so quickly. You want them to fly, just not so soon!

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful writer, Bec. I love reading your Blog!!

Your children are such sweet little ones and I know they realize how much they are loved by you and your husband!! (And your two best friends!!)

Love,
Your B.F.F.A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E.A.E!!!!