Thursday, March 16, 2006

Happy Birthday to MY SWEETIE!!

Today is My Sweetie's 31st Birthday!! He has been out of town this week. I made some cookies to take with him so he could have a "treat" with his co-workers today for his birthday and also gave him a 7 a.m. "Happy Birthday" wake-up call. I teased him that he was a 31-year old married to a young girl "in her twenties."

He is suppose to be home some time this evening. However, there is a SNOW STORM which hopefully won't keep him away any longer. I guess I'd rather he be safe and stay an extra night but I would much rather him be HOME and SAFE!

Today after I got My Big Guy on the bus, My Little Guy and I headed into town. Nothing like waiting till the last minute to go birthday shopping eh?? I didn't even have ANY IDEAS on what to get My Sweetie. Cubs Tickets...a new lawn mower...video games......some books???? I finally decided to look into a new cell phone.....but, NOTHING OPENED UNTIL 10 a.m.!!!!

So, we went to Super Target and got what we needed to make him a Birthday Brownie Cheesecake for dinner tomorrow night at his parents house. I also stocked My Sweetie up on some "good" beer since he's been drinking cheap stuff out of a can lately. I also bought a bottle of Asti and a some finger foods. AND, I found something "pretty" to wear. I thought I would have a little celebration ready for him when he got home....just the two of us!! If he doesn't make it home in time then we will have our little appetizer party Saturday with the kids and I'll save my new nightgown for another time.

After that we headed to the mall to the cell phone Kiosk. It STILL wasn't 10 a.m.!! So, My Little Guy and I walked around, rode on the little rides, had some candy. When we went back to the Kiosk at 10 a.m. there were probably 5 people ahead of me. More waiting. I ended up purchasing a new cell phone. Nothing fancy, just practical. I hope he likes it. If anything he won't look like he's been living in the dark ages.

We made it home before noon and before the snow started. YAY!!! My Little Guy was such a good boy for me today. YAY!!!! I felt bad because we missed his "Library Class" today. But, he didn't seem to even realize it.

Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day making the house and MYSELF look nice for his return.

1 comment:

chichimama said...

Hope he had a great bithrday celebration!