Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just the Two of Us

My Sweetie has often said that my Love Language is NOT gifts.

I'm aware of this. I'm OK with this. I know I STINK at giving gifts. I accept my deficiency in being able to remember to send cards and thank yous.

My love language is a toss up between Words of Affirmation and Quality Time. Melt the two together and I'm a happy girl.

So as MY GIFT to My Sweetie for his birthday I planned a weekend to Chicago.

Just the two of us.

My parents took our boys for the entire weekend; a gift in itself!!!

On Saturday we strolled the Art Museum. This was a huge thing for me because to be honest with you, I was dreading the Art Museum. But, I was willing to do it because My Sweetie had wanted to go for so long and having a weekend without the kids seemed like the perfect opportunity to make that happen for him.

Guess what??? IT WAS GREAT!!!!! It was quiet and peaceful. I learned that I'm not as much of a dunce when it comes to art as I thought I would be. I enjoyed the Monet's and the Picasso's and the different paintings of different biblical scenes and many other unique, beautiful pieces.

Expect for the pile of rocks in the middle of a room....THAT I did NOT get!!!

Oh yeah, and the giant tissue box with a pipe coming out of it....I didn't get that one either.

Overall, it was a great day and I glad that I was able to make it happen for him and glad that I was able to experience it with him.

We had a yummy Italian dinner Saturday night and then went to Howl at the Moon; a dueling piano bar.

It was obvious that the 20 bachelorette parties (slight exaggeration) going on were having a little more fun than us, but I love music, especially music played on a piano and I was with My Sweetie so it was enjoyable.

We walked back to our hotel room from the piano bar and I again was able to experience something with My Sweetie that he loved......walking through the city at night. The weather was cool but not to cold, the streets were calm and quiet and the lights of the city reflecting off the river were beautiful.


We enjoyed a leisure Sunday breakfast and did some shopping on Michigan Ave. before heading home to our boys.

Of course we brought them gifts!!!! Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and Gino's East Pizza which we enjoyed for dinner the night after we returned.

Their Easter Candy also came from Chicago. But they'll have to wait another week for that.

As I do returning from any trip, I found myself suffering from B.R.A.D. as I drifted off to sleep Sunday night.....Back to Reality Anxiety Disorder. I found it hard and exhausting to get back into the swing of things with the kids on Monday. But in the long run, it's always so nice to be able to get away with My Sweetie; nice to reconnect and have time just the two of us.

No comments: