Sunday, May 25, 2008

January 21

It's a God Thing!!

God is surely speaking to me and using me and reassuring me this week. First of all here is the prayer that was at the end of the devotional that I received in my email box today....

Dear Father in Heaven, I know it is no accident that children are all around me. I ask your special blessings on my neighbors, the children of my dear friends, my nieces and nephews and my own precious children. You have equipped me with everything I need to share the gospel with them. Please give me wisdom and discernment as I interact with the children in my life. I want to introduce them to You. I anticipate the day of celebration when one of these children would come to You because of something I said that opened their eyes and heart. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Secondly, last night I was talking to Jonni about the benefit and she asked me if we wanted the one-month family membership to the Y. She had asked the Stuarts and they didn't think they could do that kind of a gift any justice with the crazy life they have right now. I really didn't think we could either....it's kind of hard to walk on the treadmill holding a 9 month old. HA!! SO, I thought of Jenny and Shane. I asked Jenny if she could use it. She said that when Shane was in rehab they went to the Y several times a week and as part of his recovery one of his goals is to take better care of himself and get in shape. What perfect timing for this gift certificate for them!! He's been home a couple weeks now and this will be a good positive outlet and help him work towards his goal and give them something to do together as a family to help with the healing process as well. YEP! It's deffinately a God Thing!!

No comments: