Sunday, May 25, 2008

January 08

FIRST TOOTH!!!!

I was sitting in Bible Study today trying to both entertain my squirmy little peanut and listen and there the discovery was made....A TOOTH!!!!!!! SAMUEL CUT HIS FIRST TOOTH!!! I'm so very exciting!!! He is almost nine months you know!!!! AND, I really didn't want all the fussiness and fever on Christmas Eve to be for NOTHING!!! So HURRAH!!!! It's so cute!!! I know, you can't see it yet....but you can feel it....it's there!!!! And to think that will most likely be the first tooth that he loses also.

It was somewhat of a productive day....bible study, some laundry (SHOOT!!! I still have a load in the washer!) I watched Nikki's boys and took care of some benefit stuff. The letters went out yesterday and I'm already getting responses. YAY! However, I'm ready for bed....I'm leaving the kitchen to be a mess and dealt with later. Hopefully, Samuel will be in his "long stretch" of sleep now so I can get some consecutive hours....that's all I ask....is it really so much???

Here's a poem that I got in my devotional today....I love it!!!! It just gives perspective and hope to those days and trials that leave us feeling helpless, sad and lonely.

It's sometimes very difficult
for us to understand
the wisdom and the love behind
the things that God has planned.

But we wouldn't have the rainbow
If we didn't have the rain;
We wouldn't know the pleasure
If we never tasted pain.

We wouldn't love the sunrise
If we hadn't felt the night;
And we wouldn't know our weakness
If we hadn't sensed God's might.

We couldn't have the springtime
or the yellow daffodil
if we hadn't experienced
the winter's frosty chill.

And though the brilliant sunshine
is something God has made.
He knew too much could parch our souls
so He created shade.

So God's given us a balance:
Enough joys to keep us glad,
Enough tears to keep us humble,
Enough good to balance bad.

And if you'll trust in Him you'll see
Though yesterday brought sorrow,
The clouds will part and dawn will bring
A happier tomorrow.

No comments: