Sunday, May 25, 2008

February 01

Seeing God

When I choose thankfulness over grumbling I will see You Lord.

When I look up I see Chad's handiwork in tearing down and putting back up the ceiling in our dining room with new lighting. I thank God for his hands that work hard and his mind that is full of ideas and concepts and for his body that is strong.

When I look left I see the piles of white snow sitting outside on our deck. It's fluffy and white, undisturbed by footprints or dirt. I thank God for placing me in the midwest where I get to see all kinds of different weather. Sunny and warm, cool and crisp, cold and snowy. I love the colors
and the outdoor adventures that each new season brings.

When I look right I see the closed baby gate and the refrigerator in the kitchen. I thank God for my healthy, curious 9 month old baby boy who we placed the gate for to keep him safe and for the "flair" that colors the outside of my refrigerator. Both remind me that this is a home full of children; full of energy; full of love; full of fun.

When I look down I see Samuel trying to stand (and now has fallen and is crying). I thank God for the gift of having another baby boy in our lives. Although he is just 9 months old it's like I've known and loved him just as long as the other two boys have been in our lives. I can't imagine my life without him (or Matthew and Lucas!) I am so blessed.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." Matthew 5:8 (NIV)

No comments: