Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our Story.....

February 10th 1995

Class was over. I was in the furthest possible building from where my mom was going to pick me up. I don't think our friend was in class with us again that day, for some reason.

He walked with me through the halls and tunnels back to the main building.

Just as we were about to walk up and out of the tunnel he asked, "What are your plans this weekend"

"Nothing really....." and I think I said something completely lame like, "I'll probably just stay home and hang out with my brothers"

REALLY!! I couldn't have just stopped at "Nothing really."

Then he asked if I'd like to go out and do something.

"SURE!!!"

I'm certain that I was a little too eager with my response.

Then it hit me.

OH GREAT!!!! I have JUST received a pity invitation to go out Saturday evening!!!!! GO ME!

I got into the car, a little more giddy than usual, and told my mom that I had a date the next evening.

I later found out that he was actually parked just outside the building where our class was and that after he walked me all the way to where I needed to be, he had to turn around and go back to where it was we had just come from.

No comments: