Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Enjoyable Outings with Little Dude

Little Dude has really been a sponge lately. He seems to have exploded with vocabulary since having his big brothers home this past summer. He is really able to communicate with us and we have been able to understand him better.

I've enjoyed all the fun that this adorable 2 1/2 year old has brought into our home this fall.



Once of my favorite things, believe it or not, is to take him to the grocery store! I know, weird huh? Trust me, we have had days in the not so distant past where going to the grocery store was a chore. He doesn't like to sit in the cart anymore. NO WAY! So, I just plan it out so that I don't need a lot and that we have plenty of time and I let him walk. We talk about all sorts of things and it's just a nice time when we are connected to each other. He helps push the cart , likes to put things in the cart and gets oh so excited when we find the marshmallows! Especially when he knows that we have run out at home. He knows when we are at the grocery store he gets a cookie. He knows when we are at Target that we get a Starbucks. When he's not helping me push the cart he's walking down the isles tagging the items on the shelf saying, "duck, duck, goose, duck, duck, goose" Every now and then he mixes things up by getting down on his hands and knees and either says "oooh-oooh ahhh-ahhh" as if he's a monkey and sometimes he says "ruff, ruff" like he's a dog. I wonder what the other shoppers think???

Another one of our favorite things to do is to go to "class". Twice a month we go to MOPS. He has LOVES going!! It has been good for him and good for me. Last week when we were getting ready to go, I let him know we were going to class. He was SOOO EXCITED! He began to tell me about the trains. I started asking other questions about class and asked him if they sang soungs in class and he sang to me, in the right tune and everything, "Jesus 'wuvs me" and even tried to sign it. SO CUTE!!! I hadn't heard that before. He sings it ALL the time now.

We have also enjoyed our weekly library class. He likes doing projects and isn't shy at all. He's in the younger group and I might consider putting him in the older group in the winter, if I don't hibernate.

What a blessing it is that I'm able to be home with him and experience all of these little things that make me smile.

No comments: