Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Enjoying the fruits


“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
Proverbs 22:6

The Boy is on his Middle Schools Quiz Bowl. They've had their first two competitions just this week. Sadly they've lost BADLY. My Sweetie says he knows the answers to the questions, but for 6th and 7th graders, they are pretty tough. He coached The Boy to take a stab at the questions even if he doesn't think he knows the answer. Well, one of The Boy's questions yesterday just so happened to be, "Name two of the biography books of Jesus" He listed all four in hopes of getting some bonus points. hehehe....I was proud. Mostly because that is a question that I would not have ever known when I was in 6th grade.

We have this toy in our house:
You can spell out 3-letter words and then it'll sound out the word and tell you what it is. If you put in letters that don't spell out a word it will say something like, "That's a great sound." So BuhBuh was playing with this toy and he spelled out "GOD" and hit the button. It did not say "God" but rather gave him the "That's a great sound" line. He didn't like that very much. He was really kind of annoyed by it.

BuhBuh: This thing knows NOTHING about God. (annoyed sigh!)

My prayer is that each of my children take what they have learned growing up in the Church and give their hearts to God and continue to grow in their faith walks as adults. Sometimes I don't know if they are "getting" anything. Then God blesses me with days like yesterday (BOTH things happened the SAME day!) and shows me just how sweet the fruit really is. It gives me such a peace and hope for their futures.




No comments: