Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving Thanks

WHEW! It's been a whirlwind of events since Wednesday night!!! I should probably be in bed....BUT, I decided to post here first.

Wednesday night we met with some friends of mine from high school.

We didn't really become good of friends until our senior year....we all had gym class together. These girls truly were a God send for me my senior year. There was a time when I felt so separated and lost from many of my other friends. But the friendship that the three of us had built got me through that season. After graduation and when many of my other friends went away to college and my high school boyfriend broke up with me, AGAIN I was again consumed with loneliness. These girls were there for me offering their friendship and love and rides to school!!! Somewhere between second semester of my freshman year and the beginning of my sophomore year we just all lost touch. We were at one another's weddings, exchanged Christmas cards and shared an occasional phone card. Neither of them have ever been far from my heart.

We recently reconnected and made plans to get together for a visit with our sweet hubbies and adorable kids.
It was so awesome seeing them. There wasn't any awkwardness and sitting there on the bench watching our kids play it felt like we'd never been apart. It felt comfortable and easy and just like it did all of those years ago.

Thanksgiving day was nice. I had made my food the day before and enjoyed a morning in jammies on the couch watching the parade with my precious, sweet family. Little Dude LOVED all of the musical acts and would clap and dance around. We all got ready for lunch and headed to My Sweetie's Aunt's house for our Thanksgiving feast! The kids got to see their Great Grandparents which is such a special treat because of how special Great Grands are.

And they got to spend some time with their cousins
After our bellies were full and we played some games, had some pie and visited we headed home.

Friday morning I got to have breakfast with friend of mine who I use to work with and her son. They live in Virgina now and don't get back home very often, but it's always nice to visit with her when she is home. I am thankful that her and I have stayed friends even all these years since we worked together.

Friday afternoon we packed up our three kids and our niece and headed to an indoor water park to meet up with our playgroup friends. We swam, went out to dinner, bowled,
raced go carts, played lazer tag and lots of video games. It's such a fun place!!! The kids had fun with their friends and cousin and we had fun being with our friends too!

Despite all the fun we had, there was the one time where Little Dude puked all over me while we were bowling. By all over, I mean I just sat there while my dear, sweet friends and husband cleaned up both Little Dude and me! I went back to my room (almost forgetting to take off my bowling shoes) and cleaned him up, took a shower put on my pajamas just in time for him to throw up on me again. Not as bad but I once again needed clean clothes! All that pukin' made him sleepy!!

He was fine the next day.

After Little Dude fell asleep my friend brought BuhBuh and our niece and said The Boy and My Sweetie were in first aide....

The Boy was getting ready to race the go carts....he was very excited!

But shortly after they begun, he crashed into a wall, bounced back, crashed into another car, crashed back into the wall and hurt his arm. Off to the ER The Boy and My Sweetie went while I stayed at the hotel with the other three. When he braced himself for the crash it put pressure on his arm causing a Torus fracture.

Needless to say, The Boy was very limited in what he could do the following day. No swimming, no lazer tag, no go karts.

Saturday after we got home we mostly relaxed at home. The Boy and My Sweetie made a run into town to check out some sales. Today after Church we went and bought most of our gifts for our Angle Family....to find out both of us forgot our wallets!!! Back home we went to get them....and returned to the store an hour later.

I attempted to get a jump start on some Mommy Work this evening because I know we'll most likely be heading to the orthopedic doctor tomorrow.

All in all, the long weekend was great....I have much to be thankful for....my husband, my children, a loving family and good friends.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sorry little dude was sick! It looks like guys had a lot of fun. The picture of all of you with the kids.. I had to do a double take. The woman wearing the green looks like she's holding Emery :)

Anway, I just wanted to say that your grateful list is really funny today :)

Love ya!