Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Winding Down

So as I have been cleaning up and prayfully preparing for the New Year, I have been reflecting on the year we've had. When I look back through all of the pictures from the year I am warmed with such a feeling that is nearly indescriblable; God has been so good to me, so good to our family and I sometimes feel undeserving of all the blessings that we have been given. I actually find myself questioning WHY we have been so blessed and so watched over. It breaks my heart to hear the stories and see the pain that others are going through. I often find myself wanting so badly to do something but am left feeling helpless.

Why can't some families Just. Get. A. Break.???

But then I'm reminded of the words from Luke, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."

So I will count my many blessings, pray for those who are hurting, and march with my head high into the New Year with those things that God is calling me to do and try to do it well. I'm being trusted with much. I'm being asked to do more. So I will.

No comments: