Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Breaking the Fast

Happy July !!!! My kids were up before 6:30 this morning asking for TV and video games....UGH! The dream is over. However, they did AMAZING for the month of June being unplugged. I was a proud momma and a little sad that we had to turn everything back on. I might still make a few days unplugged days so we can do other things for the remainder of the summer.

So what does a family of 5 do for 30 day while being unplugged???? Here's a brief summary and a few pictures.

We celebrated 13 years marriage



Celebrated the last day of school.



I was the Lay Member to the Illinois Great Rivers (United Methodist Church) Annual Conference.

I was prayed over at the end of the Ordinands Service after the Bishop invited those who felt called into ministry to come forward. There were 2000 + people there and I was sitting in the back. It was a LONG walk but it was AMAZING!

Had a successful Vacation Bible School...we doubled our numbers from last year!

We watched BuhBuh play T-Ball



I had a $260 calzone. It was yummy, but not THAT yummy. If you'd like a good laugh, go ahead and ask why.

The Boy went to Six Flags Great America with a friend.

Enjoyed Father's Day in St. Louis



Had a HOT vacation but had LOTS of fun! I wish I could show you ALL of the pictures, but here just a few.



Almost took Little Dude to the ER after waking up from his nap blue. After panicking we realized it was the dye from his swim shirt he had on swimming all day then laughed about it.



The kids had some time with both sets of grandparents

BuhBuh took an Art Class and a Cooking Class

My Sweetie helped in put together the new playground at the elementary schools.



Little Dude spent 30 minutes following The Daddy around the yard thinking he too was mowing.


We enjoyed garden veggies



My Sweetie has made 10 DELICIOUS Black Raspberry pies as of last night with more to come! YUM! Here are the boys picking the berries from our yard.


Went to see Transformers 2 with The Boy and my Dad

Did projects around the house

Played games, read books, did puzzles

Enjoyed our time together as family and unplugging to reconnect.

There is still a lot of summer ahead with a lot more plans on the calendar. This is one of my favorite times of the year. I wish it could last twice as long as it does. Hope your month of June was good!!! I look forward to playing catch up on all of YOUR blogs!!!!

Blessings.....

5 comments:

sunnysm said...

You are one amazing woman Becky!

Anonymous said...

I bet those will be some amazing family memories Becky. I know of a Dr in our town who did the fast for the whole school year for the t.v., they said they found eway more creative ways to have fun.By your adorable pictures you lokk like you a had a great time and made some pretty strong memories. WAy to go. You are a stronger woman than I am.

Quadmama said...

Welcome back. Looks like your break was well worth it.

Anonymous said...

I am happy to have you back! I missed you!! I think we should all be a bit more like you in our lives and unplug more!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back! Looks like you had a nice month! Great pics!