Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Three's NOT a crowd-Three's too QUIET!

Don't they say that "Three's a crowd"? I think three is TOO QUIET!!!!!! M is away at camp this week and my hubby left today for a team meeting out of town and won't be back until tomorrow night. So it was just mom and the two little guys since 10 this morning. It was kind of quiet and lonely to tell ya the truth!!! I got a little Mommy Work accomplished....but it's never enough really, you know. We went to the Dollar Store here because I was almost out of diapers and I just didn't feel like driving ALL THE WAY into town after being there both Monday and Tuesday this week already. I knew my Target bill on Monday was too low! We also stocked L back up on library books and he had a Tball game. I made a quick stop by Church tonight also since we missed. S fell asleep before we even left the ball park...he was sleepy!!! Let's hope he sleeps most of the night now since it was so early when he went to sleep. L and I came home and were able to have some nice quality time together....no daddy, no big brother, no baby brother. Just the two of us. We played a heated game of Clue Jr. and shared some Salt and Vinegar chips then snuggled up and read for 30 minutes-which to BuhBuh equaled getting to cross off two boxes from his summer reading program chart. BuhBuh is in My Sweetie's spot sound asleep and Little Dude is in his bed (for now). When My Sweetie is gone I have to be so sleepy that I pass out...otherwise I lie there and over-analyze every noise. What a wimp!!!

So for this past month we have been fasting from TV and video games. Mommy was suppose to give up the computer but I clearly have FAILED that. When I"m on the computer doing Church work or checking on our bank account, it is just too easy to beep-bop around doing the time wasting things. UGH! I have had days where the computer has not been on but they have been few and far between. If I thought I could do my other work some other way then I would not be tempted!!! The boys have done AMAZINGLY well just have they have in years past during our TV fast. L has however had time with both Gma's this month and has had PLENTY of TV. M is the one who has had ZERO of anything. Part of our reason for doing this is because there is too much to do in June to be glued to a TV or Game Boy. It's forcing the boys to use their imagination, it's getting my hubby and I off our butts and accomplishing things that need to be done and when we need to unwind, we read! I would truly be all for a couple of desginated days of the week to be NO SCREEN days. The funniest was that I had play group here with a total of 3 moms and 10 kids the first week of June. Everyone knew we had unplugged for the month. When the kids got here I looked in my living room and there they all were, sitting on the couch all lined up....they had NO CLUE what on earth to do!! They did figure it out....they played a few games of hide and seek and got out a board game that hadn't been played in awhile. And by golly, wouldn't you know it! They all survived!

Well, it's late. I think tomorrow we'll entertain ourselves at the zoo. Friday I drive down to pick up The Boy from camp. I always start missing him about now and really start to look forward to bringing him home. What will I do when they are away at college for entire semesters and then eventually move out??? Baby steps....we'll work on camp first then rest I suppose.

No comments: