Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dinner Party Rules

I have a rule when we have company over.  To not be a Martha when guests are in my home!  (Luke 10:39-42)

We had friends over for dinner one Friday evening.  There were a total of 16 of us!!!!  We've done it before.  But we don't do it nearly as often as we should. 

One thing is for sure though.  

The time sitting around visiting and playing games and listening to the (10!!!) kids play is far more important than doing the dishes while they are all here.


My awesome husband told me to come to bed after they had all left.  I was a little uncomfortable with this as I was leaving in the morning with some kids from church to attend a kids conference.  (working on not being as much of a Martha with my family!) But I went to bed and then left the mess and came home that afternoon to it all cleaned up.  Bonus!!!

No comments: